RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer
Synth of Rage
- Cycle-accurate emulation of the YM2612 FM sound chip
- Genuinely reproduces the unique and characteristic sound of its hardware counterpart (digital saturation, huge feedback amount, natural distortion, …)
- Audio input for adding 8-bit PCM sweetness to any signal
- Low CPU usage
- Switchable output filtering and ladder effect
- A couple of limitations from the sound chip have been taken away: up to 16 voices of polyphony, dedicated PCM channel (you can of course stick to 6 simultaneous voices if you want to experience the real thing)
- 100+ various, sorted, evocative patches to start with
The 16-bit legacy
Not many people were aware of this, but unlike other video game consoles, the Sega Genesis/Megadrive had a complete FM synth onboard. The Yamaha YM2612 provided enough features to produce complex, evolving tones, as well as crazy sound effects and PCM sample playback. This is your chance to get your hands on this altered beast, combined with the rich control and modulation possibilities offered by your modern DAW.
Sega and Yamaha brand names are the trademark of their respective owners. This product is in no way affiliated with these companies.
Insert extra patches
Meet RYMCast, the perfect companion app for RYM2612. It's a Genesis music files player that has the special ability to let you mute/solo each channel of your favorite soundtracks and to drag & drop the sounds directly to an RYM2612 instance. Also, RYMCast is free and runs on Windows, macOS, and GNU Linux.
Easy 8-bit effect
While the RYM2612 is given an audio input to turn any signal into sweet 8-bit PCM sounds, there's an easier way to get the same result! Meet the PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit, a free bitcrusher effect plug-in based on the RYM2612 technology, available as VST, AU, AAX, Rack Extension and iOS App.
Inphonik promises to deliver the ultimate in sound simulation with their new Sega Mega Drive plugin: the RYM2612. A powerful tool for any retro game composer
More RYM2612 sounds!
Co-developed with featured artist God of Rainbows, the RYM2612 ReFill (for Reason 10 and above) gathers 154 combinator patches categorized as bass, drums & percs, FX, keys, leads, organs, pads, and more! It also features 7 demo songs.
For VST/AU/AAX users, we've also compiled a .zip pack of 170 RYM2612 patches taken from the ReFill, to install manually (instructions are included).Get the ReFill (Reason)Download the .zip pack (VST/AU/AAX)
Feel the FM vibe for your retro and modern needs, with a lively and authentic tone, taking the RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer as a bonus weapon in your synth arsenal.
64-bit VST 2, VST 3, 64-bit AAX plug-in for Windows (Vista and higher)
64-bit VST 2, VST 3, AU, AAX plug-in for macOS (10.11 and higher)
Rack Extension for Reason (7.1 and higher for Windows and macOS)
RYM2612 versions history
- Added: Apple Silicon native support (incl. AAX)
- Added: Linux support (VST and VST3)
- Various bugfixes