RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter
Legendary grit and crunch
Meet the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter, our first effect plug-in, designed to faithfully mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the Akai S950 in order to give your music this vintage, warm and crunchy sound with the ease & flexibility of a VST.
Beat — before/after RX950
Rhodes — before/after RX950
Perc — before/after RX950
Filter — dry then slowly filtered
Beatmaking 1 — RX950 adding lofi vibes
Beatmaking 2 — RX950 glueing tracks
- Legendary 12-bit resolution
- Faithful modeling of the S950's audio signal path
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency)
- Original steep 6th-order low-pass Butterworth filter
- Stereo or mono operation
- Low CPU consumption
- Adjustable brilliance setting (high-frequency response)
- Graphical interface scaling options (from 1x to 2.5x)
- Parameter value keyboard typing on double-click
- NKS Support
- Native Apple Silicon support
Dead simple controls
for a killer sound
makes your sound loud ’n proud with the S950’s unique grit and warm distortion. It’s powerful and will help anything stand out in your mix.
controls the target sample rate and analog-to-digital conversion circuitry with an exquisite, yet remarkably subtle, aliasing effect.
controls the S950’s infamous steep low-pass filter. Use it on separate elements, or on any output bus or master section.
Adjust the Audio Bandwidth's high-frequency response with the Brilliance knob (in Settings/Back panel).
It sounds absolutely wicked on drums, synths and even the mix bus, and at this price, it's highly recommended. 10/10
In the beginning
The Akai S950, one of the most famous samplers from the 80s, is largely praised for its legendary sound. Many consider the 12-bit grit and crunch still unmatched today.
But the 12-bit resolution is not all. For over a year, we studied every bit of this studio gear masterpiece to bring back its unique character to your modern DAW with the RX950.
The Akai brand name is trademark of its respective owner. This product is in no way affiliated with this company.
64-bit VST 2, VST 3, 64-bit AAX plug-in for Windows (Vista and higher)
64-bit VST 2, VST 3, AU, AAX plug-in for macOS (Intel & Apple Silicon, 10.9 and higher)
64-bit VST for Linux
Rack Extension for Reason (7.1 and higher for Windows and macOS)
AUv3/IAA app for iOS (9.3 and higher for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch)
Save with the RX Bundle!
RX1200 12-bit Sampler Instrument + RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter
Get the sound of the best 12-bit combo of the 90s at a cool price!Learn more
RX950 versions history
- Added support: Apple Silicon AAX
- Added support: Linux ARM
- Fixed: Various bugs
- Added support: Apple Silicon
- Added support: Linux VST
- Fixed: Rare display issue on macOS
- Dropped: 32-bit support
- Improved: Better high-end frequency response when the audio bandwidth is set to max values
- Improved: Graphical user interface scale option (from 1x to 2.5x)
- Improved: precise knob values can be keyboard-typed by double-clicking them
- Added support: VST3 (Win, Mac)
- Added support: NKS for extensive controls with NI Maschine and Komplete hardware (Win, Mac)
- Added support: AAX for Pro Tools users (Win, Mac)
- Added support: AUv3/IAA for iPad and iPhone users (iOS)